Wednesday, October 8, 2014

"When Hope Blossoms" by Kim Vogel Sawyer

About the Book

Amy Knackstedt hopes a new start in Weaverly, Kansas, will help heal the pain of losing her husband and provide a better future for her three children.  But her new neighbor, Tim Roper, is not pleased to have an Old Order Mennonite family living next to his apple orchard.  Time left the Mennonite faith years ago and doesn't want any reminders of his former life.

Yet when circumstances through Amy and Time together, they form a friendship that surprises them both.  Will past hurts always be a barrier between them, or will this tentative relationship blossom into something more?





This book was released in July 2012
This was a well loved library book that was reviewed

My Review
"When Hope Blossoms" by Kim Vogel Sawyer is a book that I first read shortly after it came out, but couldn't for the longest time remember the title or the author of the book for the longest time, even though I remembered the story-line and have been wanting to re-read it.  Then not too long ago, I came across the book at my library and I knew that I found the book and couldn't settle down to read it that very night.  I will never forget the name and author again.

I love the book the second time around as much as I did the first time around. The whole reflecting of ones life, forgiveness, and loving of your neighbor is something that just touched my spirit. Maybe with my desire the last few weeks for this book, I am being told something which I will need to think and pray about.

Even the second time around I found myself laughing, crying and fearful in different scenes, even knowing how it was all going to end. That says a lot I think about how well a book is written, when you can feel those things even after the second reading.

Amy Knackstedt is a woman who is searching for a completely fresh start for her and her three kids after loosing her husband. She is strong in her faith and thankful for everything even after all the trials in her life, and she has enough of those that is for sure. Amy is also a gentle spirit that can't be broken, but she had her weak moments like everyone.

Tim Roper is a man who is on the run from his past, a man who is also hurting in a big way. Tim has been hiding for so long, that now too many things are hitting him all at once, what is going to happen to him and his future.

There is so much that happens in this book without being too crammed full. It kept moving steadily throughout with one question always there in the background but never quite sure exactly what the question is, and not entirely sure it was answered since I couldn't figure it out in the first place, but I didn't feel cheated when the book ended.  Not sure if that makes sense but that is how I felt after reading the book.

Truly the self reflecting that happens in the book is something that maybe we don't all experience to this level but we go through it at some level which made the one or ones doing the self reflecting that much more endearing to me. Oh who am I kidding all of the characters are endearing. They were written in such a way that I could picture how each one looks, their mannerisms and even a little of the way they speak.

The acts of the Mennonite fellowship and Amy along with her family show what is truly means what loving thy neighbor means. Even when hurtful words were spoken towards them or their helping hands slapped, they kept reaching out to their fellow neighbors.

This is a well written emotionally charged romance book, that I would recommend to anyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment