Monday, November 10, 2014

"Rosemary Opens Her Heart" by Naomi King

About This Book


Another spring reminds the Amish of Cedar Creek, Missouri, that for everything there is a season.

Zanna Lambright is finally marrying Jonny Ropp, and friends and family have come from far and wide to celebrate. Among them is young widow Rosemary Yutzy, mother of toddler Katie, whose husband was tragically killed last fall. With a willing heart Rosemary has taken over care of her in-law’s family and continued to run a baked goods business from home, but privately she still mourns her lost Joe...and is unprepared for the changes that are coming...

Rosemary’s father-in-law wants to merge his lamb-raising business with Matt Lambright’s—a move that will require the Yutzys to relocate from their nearby town to Cedar Creek. Moreover, it will bring Rosemary into constant contact with Matt, who is making no secret of his romantic interest in her. The challenges of contemplating a future unlike any she expected are overwhelming for Rosemary. And although Matt is strong and kind, his courtship is so persistent, she often wants to run the other way. As Rosemary struggles to see beyond her immediate joys and sorrows, will she embrace the outpouring of welcome and support from the people of Cedar Creek...and accept this new chance to open her heart to a more abundant life?  




This book was released in November 2012
This was a well loved library book that was reviewed


My Review

“Rosemary Opens Her Heart” by Naomi King is the second book in her series 'Home at Cedar Creek' and 'One Big Happy Family', or as I call it 'Need a Flow Chart' series. Yes the 'Home at Cedar Creek' and 'One Big Happy Family' titles sounds like it is actually two different series, but in reality it is the same series, with the same characters and a familiar yet frustrating story-line weaving through it. However, no matter how frustrated I might get with things happening or not happening with how I think they should be going, this is a wonderful series. This is my third time rereading this book as I prepare to read the final book “Emma Blooms at Last”.

There is something special about this series for no matter how many times I read a book in the series, I am finding something a little different about what I take from the book. I loved how changes were dealt with the story from changes in location, in a family, in the heart, and in life, for we can handle the changes with either a positive or negative outlook, it just all depends on we look at the changes. Sometimes we need to step back and look at the changes with a fresh eyes or at the least the willingness to look at the changes how they might be for the better.

Love is most certainly in the air with this book as a few new characters are introduced in the same loving detail as the first book. Emotions are not so much of a roller coaster as mine went on with the first book, but frankly I was kept on the edge of my seat the entire time. Between both story-lines that are taking place in this story, I couldn't stop for I needed to see the forward movement in both of the story-lines even if one of them is moving far to slowly for me, though I was thrilled with the first kiss that is for sure. Both story-lines were just perfect for the movement in each was perfect for each of the characters that were involved, even if personally I wanted to see some more movement in one of them.

It is so hard to talk about this book and series without giving away a lot of details which is why I am not writing my normal reviews talking about all the different major characters, what I liked about each of them and so on, but my review for “Emma Blooms at Last” I might just go over all the books and my thoughts about everyone. I just would hate to be the reason someone decides not to read the series all because I gave away something that is so important in the book, and I think almost everything that happens in each of the book is important to the next book or to the story-line.

I hope all who read this book and series enjoys it all as much as I have.

Other Books in the 'Home to Cedar Creek' and 
'One Big Happy Family' series

Abby Finds Her Calling
Amanda Weds a Good Man
Emma Blooms at Last


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment