Thursday, September 24, 2015

Wagon Train Proposal by Renee Ryan

About the Book


For the Sake of His Children
  
A marriage of convenience? Rachel Hewitt couldn't possibly accept. Not even for the sake of three adorable little girls who desperately want a new mother. Sheriff Tristan McCullough offers Rachel a home and family, but not the one thing she truly seeks—someone to love her for herself.

Tristan McCullough hoped to find a wife on the wagon train, not a nanny. The hardworking widower wants a marriage without emotional risks. But independent Rachel intrigues him. One minute she's winning over his shy little girls, and the next she's tackling danger head-on. She might just be Tristan's unexpected second chance at happiness…if he'll risk his wary heart again.

Journey West: Romance and adventure await three siblings on the Oregon Trail

 




This book released in June 2015
This was a well loved library book that was reviewed

 
My Review

“Wagon Train Proposal” by Renee Ryan is the third and final book in the continuous series 'Journey West', and a wonderful finish to the whole series. Now even though this is the final book in the series that doesn't mean that this can not stand alone for it most certainly can.  If one has not have the pleasure of reading “Wagon Train Reunion” or “Wagon Train Sweetheart” then that is ok for it is not absolute vital to read them, but they do help with some background on both Rachel and Tristan.

The series long story-line reveals the culprit or culprits pretty early one but just because the culprit or culprits are revealed early doesn't mean that the guilty party or parties are not a problem later on in the story.  Actually because of the culprit or culprits I was on edge wondering when this person or persons would strike.  I couldn't help but laugh for I expected things to go one way and I kept waiting for it all to go down, and when it went down, I am not sure if I was disappointed because it didn't happen the way I thought or laugh because of the way it did.  Well I know I laughed at one point during this whole event, so maybe it is just a little bit of both.

There is a twist in the story that was so unexpected that I actually had to go back and reread the page again to make sure I read it right the first time.  This is a secret that deeply affects one of the characters.  It sure added something I never saw coming and well I can almost see how it made the character stronger.  Stronger because they dealt with it, forgave and is now learning to deal with the secret that has been brought in the open with courage.  I wonder how many other readers are going to reread the paragraphs or page when this all comes out.

Rachel is the youngest Hewitt sibling and she has three very protective siblings along with three protective in-laws, to the point it is almost funny.  Rachel is a woman who is not shy about stating her opinions in the slightest, is not afraid of hard work and feeling a bit uncertain about where she belongs.  She had plans when she finally reached Oregon City but suddenly those plans are out the window so now she much come up with something else, which she does.  There is this natural grace about Rachel as well determination and strength.

Tristan is a man who takes his job seriously and has a plan.  He is also a man of great honor as we first saw in “Wagon Train Sweetheart” and again in this story.  He has this fierce love for his three precious children without a single doubt and will do whatever he must to protect them.  He has reasons for some of the things he feels, even though most think they might be unreasonable, at the time I could almost understand his thoughts.  Though things don't work out as he plans them he is flexible enough to do whatever it takes.

I had wondered time and time again why a certain character was always there and wondered if maybe this character was going to play a larger part than they actually did.  I also wanted to see another character find their own happy ending.  Actually to be honest there is another character as well who I wouldn't mind finding their own happy ending after all this person has been through and what they are still facing.  I don't think we will see those things come out in future books, but maybe my own imagination will just have to take over.

I hope all who have the privilege of reading this entire series will enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment