Friday, September 19, 2014

"Whispers on the Prairie" by Vicki McDonough

About This Book

A City Girl Far from Home...

Sarah Marshall just wants to go home. It wasn't her idea to leave Chicago and head west in search of gold, but her uncle's ambition left her no choice. Neither was her intention to settle in Kansas City with her ailing aunt, but being penniless and without possessions brings little bargaining power. Pretty soon, she resigns herself to her fate, however unfortunate. It isn't as if she has a home to go back to.

A Country Boy Seeking to Right a Wrong...

Ethan Harper, the youngest of three brothers, enjoys a peaceful existence helping run his family's stage shop along the Santa Fe Trail. Only one cloud continues to darken his horizon—guilt over the tragic death of his oldest brother's wife. The only acceptable penance Ethan can think of is finding another woman to marry his brother and help raise his motherless children.

A Match so Incompatible, It Just Might Work...

When a series of misfortunes strands Sarah Marshall and her aunt at the Harpers' Stage Stop, the status quo is overthrown as the presence of an attractive young woman, however unversed in the ways of prairie living, wreaks havoc on the lives of the Harper brothers, all three of them vying for her attention. But will any of them prove himself worth giving up the life Sarah always dreamed of?




"Whispers on the Prairie" was released in July 2013
The was a well loved library book that was reviewed


My Review of "Whispers on the Prairie"

"Whispers on the Prairie" by Vicki McDonough is a book I should have never started at the time I did. Oh I don't mean that in a bad way, its just I couldn't put it down and stayed up way too late into the night to finish it. I just had to find out what happened next, then when bedtime came around I was just going to finish the next chapter, and then it was after the next chapter. Ok you get the picture.

Nothing went the way things were planned, even when Sarah had no say in those plans. It seems that things just kept getting worse and worse for Sarah and her family until one day things could not get any worse.

Then there is Ethan who is carrying a boat load of guilt over the death of his sister-in-law. He is a grouchy, over protective and I hate to classify anyone clueless but when it comes to the matters of the heart, it fits Ethan perfectly.

It is no wonder that from the start there was a certain frustration that could be felt between the two of. It sure didn't help with how they first meet, though quite comical that is for sure. When Sarah and her family could get no lower, Sarah has to decide what to do in order to take care of her family. Marriage proposals are plentiful in land of few women, so who will Sarah choose?

Things in the story moved at a very fast pace almost from the beginning and didn't stop until the last page. Every single one of the characters had such a depth of them that I felt what they were feeling, my heart ached and leapt for joy, I laughed freely and couldn't help but to cry when my heart ached for one if them.

My heart went out to all the Harper brothers and looking forward to reading more about these brothers.  

I so hope that all who have read this book enjoy it as much as I did.


Other Books in the Pioneer Promise Series

Call of the Prairie (Book 2)
Song of the Prairie (Book 3)


Note:  This review was done over a year ago and posted on Goodreads.  Since I will be reviewing the next two books in the series "Call of the Prairie" and "Song of the Prairie", I thought I might as well throw this up as well.  This is not one of my better reviews but it works for me.  Have a wonderful and blessed day.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment