Tuesday, February 10, 2015

"Her Cowboy Hero" by Carolyne Aarsen

About the Book 

Second-Chance Cowboy 

Montana rodeo star Tanner Fortier is a good man. A man Keira Bannister never stopped loving. But when he shows up at Refuge Ranch looking to have his late brother's saddle repaired in time for the championships, he's the last person Keira wants to see. For years, she's kept hidden the real reason for breaking their engagement—and Tanner's heart. But now, with him at the ranch, she's tempted to reveal the truth—one that could destroy him. But she knows that to have a future with the man of her dreams, she has to settle the past… 

Refuge Ranch: Where a Montana family comes home to love.



This book was released in January 2015
This is a well loved library book that was used for review
 

My Review

“Her Cowboy Hero” by Carolyne Aarsen is the first book of her 'Refuge Ranch' and interesting start to the series. I am wondering if the rest of the books in the series is going to be about the rest of the Bannister siblings, for there is some interesting connections made with one sibling and another character. This book is one of those stories where you get the idea of what might have happened, but then there are times when things seem to take a different track.

Here is a story about carrying guilt and shame that one feels even if it is undeserved. This is about how those who carry that guilt and shame deal with those things and slowly move beyond where they started. I have to say I don't agree with the guilt that the character is carrying around, and yet guilt works in funny ways so I understood for the most part even though I don't agree. The shame though again I don't agree with the shame that was being carried around, yet that would have seemed odd if this character didn't have it with what their past.

I would love to explain what I enjoyed about both Keira and Tanner but I don't think I can describe them correctly without giving away so much of the story. Seriously these two characters are each facing something that has been so big in their lives for some time, and it is how they face those big things that really show their true deep character that we see peek out every so often, but it doesn't stay out for very long.

This story does touch on a tough subject but it is handled with care and understanding not to mention a busload of class.

Truly this is a story of second chances and making choices as to what is the most important things in our lives. I found everything in the story to touch on the edge of my heart as if Ms. Aarsen was teasing my heart with a hook, and then bam she pulled hard and hooked my heart completely to where when I began to feel her reeling in my heart I just couldn't help but cry.

I hope all who read this book enjoys it as much as I did.


Other 'Refuge Ranch' Books

Her Cowboy Hero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment