Monday, April 27, 2015

"The Healing" by Wanda E. Brunstetter

  I am sorry that I didn't post this sooner, like the day after I posted my review on "The Journey".  Honestly I thought I had posted them, but apparently with things posting the reviews slipped my mind.  So here is "The Healing" and tomorrow will be "The Struggle".
 
About the Book
 
 
 
Seek a fresh start with Amish widower Samuel Fisher as he journeys from Lancaster County to Bluegrass Country, hoping to find a balm for the grief he’s carried with him. Will this single father, burdened by yesterday’s memories, discover a new and perhaps better life in Kentucky, the land of tomorrow? Esther Beiler, who helps watch Samuel’s children, develops a crush on Samuel and a true affection for his kids. Can she win his heart, or has she already lost it to an English woman? How will God untangle star-crossed lovers when jealousies and misconceptions threaten to tear them apart?




This book was released in September 2011
This book is from my own personal collection.

My Review
 
“The Healing” by Wanda E. Brunstetter is the second book of her 'Kentucky Brothers Trilogy' series. It would be helpful to have read “The Journey” though it is not really vital. We see another member of the Fisher family, Samuel and this is a journey that he takes along with some other members of his family.

There are one or two new characters introduced to the series along with a new story line, and of course there is the visiting with the Fisher family, both in Pennsylvanian and Kentucky. This is a story that again uses several different point of views to get the story told. Through all the different point of views this story is a wonderful story of heartache and healing.

This story picks up shortly, and I mean within days time wise, from the end of “The Journey”. There is plenty of grief in different forms and from different causes. It was interesting to see how each person handled the loss that happened in their life. One suffered greatly while others suffered slightly, but regardless grief and loss is suffered for the person it is bad.

This story takes place over a years time which is good for the story that is being told. Honestly if it was told in a shorter period of time, then I think it would have really ruined the story. Though things take place over a years time, nothing feels rushed or that one is missing something important. There are some eye opening moments that are not skipped over, yet not overly detailed. Honestly I have to say that this story was beautifully and I so thoroughly enjoyed the book even after reading it once before.

I do usually like telling people my thoughts of the main characters but is so hard to do that for there are so many changes that happen. In order to give people my thoughts on the different characters I will end up giving away something so important about the story. There is more than just Ester and Samuel that is for sure and really I can't wait to start reading the final book in the series “The Struggle”

The end of “The Healing” gives a pretty good idea as to what the last book of the series will be about, though hints have been given gently throughout this story. The final story of the series will hopefully have the conclusion to one story line that started in this story.

This is a book that I would highly recommend this book and entire series to those who enjoy romance and Amish for it is something really worth reading.


Other "Kentucky Brothers" books

The Journey
The Healing
The Struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment