Tuesday, April 28, 2015

"The Struggle" by Wanda E. Brunstetter

About the Book
 
Welcome back to Kentucky, where an Amish couple from Lancaster County seeks a new future in the land of tomorrow. When Timothy Fisher decides to move his wife, Hannah, and daughter Mindy to Christian County, where two of his brothers now reside, Hannah is very reluctant to go. Will the new home Timothy builds for them there do anything to lift her spirits? When a tragic accident occurs, Timothy and Hannah are inconsolable. Is an abrupt separation the beginning of the end of their marriage, or will they rally to seize a God-given second chance?



This book was released in July 2012
This book is from my own personal collection.

My Review
“The Struggle” by Wanda E. Brunstetter is the third and final book in her 'Kentucky Brothers' series. This book wrapped up several story lines that have been there throughout the series and wrapped up the book story line wonderfully to where I personally didn't feel as I was left hanging. Now though this is the third book in the series, I think that if it was just picked up by someone that they would be okay reading it without feeling as if they were lost for everything that is important that happened in the prior books is explained in the book. I would have to say that honestly I think the book is enhanced greatly by having read the prior books, “The Journey” and “The Healing”.

I must say that this book like the other books have several different points of views, but really nothing is lost with the changing of scenes or characters. In a lot of ways I think that it enriched the story for it helped create a deeper and richer story all the way around. Also the length of this story was between one or two years which for the story that was happening really made it so believable.

This is a story about change, and how we accept that change. There is one character that honestly I just didn't like, though I know that this character was in for some pretty big lessons, but this character just really got on my nerves. I do have to say that with this character it was a great reminder of Corrie Ten Boom's saying of “Be grateful for the fleas”. I never really did warm up to this character but that is just me, but the rest of the characters touched my heart as well as the story. I have to give credit where credit is due for even though I didn't care for this one character without this character the story would have fallen flat on its face.

Another great message from this story is never to give up on a marriage. Far too often when things don't go exactly the way we want them to we give up and vows or not people walk away. There are plenty of struggles and not only for the Fisher family for others in the book. It is interesting to see how each character handles their own struggle, and even when some of the characters are struggling with the same thing, it is their reactions that make this story so interesting.

I truly hope that those who enjoy Amish and romance or the struggle with romance, then this book is the book for them. I loved this series.


Other "Kentucky Brothers" books

The Journey
The Healing
The Struggle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment