Sunday, May 10, 2015

"The Path to Love" by Jane Myers Perrine

About the Book   

I found God.

I know, I'd said it once before, to get out of trouble, but this time it's true. I was drawn to a church, and this one hymn, about saving a wretch like me, touched me. So did the reverend, speaking about love, redemption, mercy and grace. It was nothing like the church my mother dragged me to as a kid, trying to keep me from the family life of petty crime. Next thing I knew, tears were rolling down my face as I felt...healed. But does my stiff-necked parole officer believe me? No! How can I convince Brandon Fairchild that this conversion—and the feelings I'm having for this good-looking man—aren't just a con game?


This book was released in July 2005
This book is part of my personal collection and going to stay that way.


My Review

“The Path to Love” by Jane Myers Perrine is the first book I have read by this author, and frankly I loved the writing and telling of this story.

I have to say I loved watching the struggle of Francie with her walk in her new life. At times there was such a feeling of understanding what she was feeling, not because of the circumstances, but because of her emotions and the struggles she felt. The walk that she had was not easy because of her past but she continued step by step, trudging on even when things were spiraling out of control. As more is learned about Francie, there is something truly special about her that shows through her and by the end of the book she is a shining example of Christ's love and redemptive powers.

Brandon is a man who has plenty of faults, but at the same time there is integrity within the man. He faces quite a few interesting dilemma's that he learns from though sometimes he is a bit of a slow learner. I found his honesty at times to be refreshing and yet frustrating when he doesn't understand what he is feeling. There is so much to love about this man, and yet want to smack the guy at the same time.

This is truly a wonderful story of redemption and second chances. I am not sure why but stories with an ex-convict who are turning their lives around really touch me for there is such a show of Christ's love and grace in these characters. There is something about them struggling to get things back together while showing the love and grace they received. Normally there is some kind of family or friend support to help in different ways as soon as the ex-convict is released while that was not the case here. Sure friends were developed but Francie did it all on her own showing her strength even before she began her walk.

There is something heart warming is also going on in another character with overcoming their short comings. The short comings are not that ease to see, but it takes this character a lot of thinking to realize what their short comings were. Though it is understandable why this character thinks the way they do at times, and that made the ending just that sweeter.

There is also another story going on at the same time. I have to say that second story really helped create this laughter that helped to break up the tension that was created otherwise. This is a book that is going to stay in my personal collection for it was just that sweet and wonderful. I hope all who read this book enjoys it like I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment