Friday, September 4, 2015

"In Perfect Time" by Sarah Sundin

About the Book


Two hearts are about to learn the rhythm of love

Bold, sophisticated, and coy, Army Air Force flight nurse Lt. Kay Jobson collects hearts wherever she flies, leaving men pining in airfields all across Europe. So how can ruggedly handsome C-47 pilot Lt. Roger Cooper be all but immune to her considerable charms? In fact, he seems to do everything he can to avoid her.

Still, as they cross the skies between Italy and southern France, evacuating the wounded and delivering paratroopers and supplies, every beat of their hearts draws them closer. Can they overcome the fears and misunderstandings of the past in order to take hold of the future?



This book was published in July 2014
This was a well loved library book that was used to review



My Review

“In Perfect Time” by Sarah Sundin is the third and final book in her 'Wings of the Nightingale' and what a cruel (and I say that in the best of ways too) book it was.  I don't remember the last book I bawled so much through or had my heart in my throat so much of the book, but I went through plenty of tissue and couldn't swallow a lot of time because of my heart being in my throat.

This is a book that is set in the middle of World War II and much like the other two books in the series there are plenty of scenes around what happens in the war.  I would have to say that unlike the other two books this didn't really have scenes of battle but there was still plenty of war problems.  Again nothing graphic, gruesome or so bad that I couldn't stomach it (I am a squeamish person even with words on paper).  The trails and hurdles that had to be overcome were what made this book so cruel for I just couldn't put the book down for any reason.  I am so glad that I can read a book like this in an afternoon so that the torture wouldn't have been dragged out for that long.

I have to say that with this being the third book, I have noticed that none of the characters had the same problems and they each faced something so totally different, and I would say the best was saved for the last.  I never expected the past's like Roger and Kay though I knew they were both hurting.  Actually both of them surprised me a great deal throughout the story in the best of ways.  I knew I was starting to like Kay from the other books but I never expected her to be my favorite out of the three young ladies and yet she was and is.  Roger is the man I expected him to be but didn't realize that he had to work to get there or that he had some issues.

Yet once again I can't describe either Kay or Roger for they do go through some radical changes throughout the story.  They are truly not how they seem in the other books for there is so much under the outer layers that they show to the world and people around them. 

Strength is a large portion of this story for everyone, not just Kay and Roger, had to have the strength for all that they were going through.  Almost everyone learned something with what they go through, they learned what they were really made of and so much more.  I would have to say that though I cried a lot and my heart ached for what they were going through.  I couldn't forget this was a war and yet it was more than just the World War too that was being fought.

I hope all who read this series enjoys as much as I did.  This is my first readings by Ms. Sundin but I can promise it wont be my last.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment