Wednesday, May 20, 2015

“A Dad for Her Twins” by Lois Richer

About the Book 

The Cowboy's New Family

Widow Abby McDonald is pregnant with twins, suddenly homeless and has nowhere to go. When her late husband's army buddy offers her a temporary haven at his family ranch in Buffalo Gap, Abby accepts the handsome cowboy's hospitality. She knows that Cade Lebret, an honorable man with a complicated life on the Double L, is just "doing the right thing." But when a needy foster child joins their makeshift family, Abby begins to see what a kind, loving father figure Cade is. Suddenly she's dreaming of making the Lebret family ranch her home forever.

Family Ties: Bundles of joy bring couples together.


This book was released in April 2015
This is a well loved library book that was reviewed

My Review

“A Dad for Her Twins” by Lois Richer is the first book in her 'Family Ties' series and an interesting start at that.

Here is the very beginning of Family Ties and that it in itself is pretty unique to see something from the ground up and I can't wait to see more of its growth.

I have to be honest though the characters really got on my nerves yet I enjoyed them greatly. The characters stayed in their character throughout the story so one was overly perfect while the other one was over flawed. Though at times this overly perfect and overly flawed character grated on my last nerve, here and there, there were hints as to there being more to them. Actually one character had hinted something bigger under it all but it never fully came out.

I tried to describe Abby and Cade but no matter how I tried I always seem to give something away about the story that would just ruin the story. So I will say that both of these characters each have some pretty important lessons to learn, though not exactly the same lessons. Also their hearts are there for all to see what they are truly beneath everything going on in their lives. Also both are beyond stubborn as all get out. Sometimes it was a wonder that they got beyond that stubbornness (it is a romance so of course they had to overcome it) to find their happy ending.

The conflict of the story is something that is internal and not only with one character. Granted one character has a bigger conflict than the other but none-the-less both characters are battling something inside of them. At times it seems as if there is no progress in the conflicts but then something would happen to show that there is indeed some progress.

I truly look forward to more books in the 'Family Ties' series for I want to see what happens next. Yes there is a series story line but really it is mild and I can't imagine that for future books it would matter all that much if readers don't read all the books. Then again I could be wrong about that.

I hope all who read this book will enjoy it as much as I did.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment