Monday, October 13, 2014

"Rescuing the Texan's Heart" by Mindy Obenhaus

About the Book

Melting His Heart

Cash Coble is desperate for a change. After working in the family business for ten years, he's stressed out and overworked. When he heads to Colorado to visit his ailing grandfather, he finds his mood lifted by the beautiful woman living next door. After a troubled past, ice climber Taryn Purcell isn't looking for love. Especially not with a charming Texan who's consumed by work. But there's something about Cash that captures her heart. Never one to back down from a challenge, Taryn promises to show Cash how to carve out a happy life—one that includes her.


Buy "Rescuing the Texan's Heart" from Barnes&Noble
Buy "Rescuing the Texan's Heart" from Harlequin

This book will be released in September 2014
This was a well loved library book that was reviewed.

My Review

“Rescuing the Texan's Heart” by Mindy Obenhaus is a wonderful reminder to parents to watch what they say they say to their children. Maybe this was a subtle message, however, this was a major message that I seem to take from this book. I always love a book when a message seems to be directed at me for some reason for it makes me think even harder about the message and the book.  It also made me smile considering I always joked with my child about being out of the house when he graduated from High School, and what happens he left just a little over a week later to reach for his dream of being the Army.

Taryn, who was first seen in “The Doctor's Family Reunion”, is a woman who we see a little bit of her past in the first book, but in this book we see so much more. Here is a woman who loves the outdoors, but also loves helping those around her. She has a secret that she has kept to herself for so long that this seems to start to change her over the years to where she is not so open with those close to her now. Taryn is also a woman who likes to have fun in life, bring fun into other peoples lives and showing them something new about themselves if she has a chance to do so.
Cash is a man that has done what was expected of him, regardless what he wanted to. Here is man who is beginning to learn a few things about himself so it is a bit hard to describe him as to who his character is for if I explain more than that then I feel as I would be giving away something.

There is a lot of learning about oneself in this book for both Cash and Taryn. Some of it is little things about themselves that they never saw before, and some the things they learn are pretty important which can lead to some changes in their lives. Some of the things that are learned between one or both of them is learning to forgive oneself, being honest with their feeling with those who are important to them, to finally seek their dreams, and to seek forgiveness from those around them. It is how these lessons are learned is in part of what made this book so good that I couldn't put down the book, and hated to do so when I had to get up to make dinner (which I found the easiest and quickest thing to fix so I could get back to the book sooner).

I always love reading a book when there seems to be a special message in it that makes me feel as if the book was meant just for me. I don't think I ever did or said anything like the parents in this book did, but does my son ever think I meant something I might have said in anger or in passing, which has kept him from doing something he wanted or telling me something important. However, I plan on sitting down and talking with my child to let him know that I love him and there is nothing that he has or will do that will ever make me stop loving him.

When a book like this makes me think and wonder like this, I have to say that the book is a top rated book in my eyes. Then add to that, the great story line of learning lessons like this book does among other things, I would have to say that this book has a powerful punch for being a “Love Inspired” book, for I normally get this much self reflection out of the longer novels. I would so recommend this book to anyone and I hope that all who do read this book enjoys it as much as I did and maybe get something out of the book that speaks to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment