Monday, January 26, 2015

"Conveniently Wed" by Angel Moore

About the Book 

Husband by Necessity 

To save her family's homestead Daisy Mosley will do whatever it takes, even if it means marrying a rugged cowboy who thinks he knows best. But though the widowed mother of two takes Tucker Barlow into her home as her husband, she isn't ready to welcome him into her heart. 

Tucker knows his marriage to Daisy is about convenience, not love. But after years of hiding his feelings for his childhood friend, he wants to shower her with affection and favor her twin sons with the fatherly attention he'd missed. Can he show Daisy that he is more than just a practical groom—he is a man worthy of her love?

Buy "Conveniently Wed" from Harlequin

This book was released in December 2014
This is a well loved library book that was used for the review


My Review

“Conveniently Wed” by Angel Moore looks to be her first Love Inspired book and I sure hope it isn't her last book for I was drawn into this book from literally from page one. Sadly this was a book that had to be returned to the library when the flu struck my family and myself, for if I had known how good this book was, I would have coughed my way through the pages (while constantly sanitizing my hands to prevent the flu being spread to the other library patrons) as I fought going to sleep just to finish this book.

In that first chapter or so my heart was broken for both Daisy and Tucker for their stories of pain and loss was told in a way that it seemed so very real. This is a story of healing and my heart that was broken from near the start of the book was healed along with both Daisy and Tucker's. That to me is the mark of a wonderful author for Ms. Moore broke my heart and then healed it.  Oh yes, I know this is a fictional story with fictional characters but the night I read this story that didn't matter one wit at all for they were real to me that night while my nose was stuck in the book.

Daisy is a woman who is facing some pretty rough times because of things that have happened in the past. Through all of it though she showed remarkable strength and courage. Things quickly seem to spin out of her control but yet she kept a certain poise if for nothing more than for the comfort of her children. How she handled everything really showed her true character but yet she had her flaws as well.

Tucker is a man of great patience that is for sure but there is more to him. He is a quiet man but he is one who is honorable, and there for his friends and family regardless what may come. There is more to this man but to say more would really kind of ruin the surprise about this story for I think there is a wealth of the story that is with this hero, so I will leave it at that.

As I said this seems to be a story of healing for both Daisy and Tucker knew the pain of loss though at different times and circumstances in their life. To watch as each of them healed from their past pain was interesting and gives hope that things will always get better. Things might not always be the smoothest while healing but at the end of all that pain there is joy that makes it all worth while. There is also talk about being stuck somewhere in the middle of the healing and the loss that can come from not wanting to go through it all. To me that was actually a pretty sad for those who didn't move forward sounds like they missed out on a lot.

I so hope that there will be more books by Ms. Moore for I will look for them. And I hope all who read this book enjoys it as much as I did. Yep this is going on my wish list for books to go in my own personal library.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment