Monday, February 16, 2015

“Big Sky Daddy” by Linda Ford

About the Book


big sky daddyFor His Son's Sake

Caleb Craig will do anything for his son, even ask his boss's enemy for help. Not only does Lilly Bell tend to his son's injured puppy, but she offers to rehabilitate little Teddy's leg. Caleb knows that getting Teddy to walk again is all that really matters, yet he wonders if maybe Lilly can heal his brooding heart, as well. 

Precocious little Teddy—and his devoted father—steal Lilly's heart and make her long for a child and husband of her own. But Lilly learned long ago that trusting a man means risking heartbreak. Happiness lies within reach—if she seizes the chance of love and motherhood she never expected… 

Montana Marriages: Three sisters discover a legacy of love beneath the Western sky




 
This book was released in December 2014
This is a well loved library book that was used for review 


My Review

“Big Sky Daddy” by Linda Ford is the second book in her 'Montana Marriages' series and what an enjoyable book to boot. Oh boy I have to wonder about the whole series story-line though for there might have been a few twists though I won't commit to that until I finish reading the series with “Big Sky Homecoming”. I have a feeling that there is going to be something really amazing and not quite what I thought was going on, when the whole picture becomes clear in that last book.

Choices have to be made several times throughout the story. Choices between family and work. Choices between honor and dishonor. Choices between fear and trust. With each choice it is interesting to see how each decision is made for some of them were not easy. With these choices, several lessons are learned and a character's moral character is deepened in many ways. Oh I could go into all the lessons, but the two I think are the most important is trust and forgiveness. These are of course important and pretty common it seems in books, but the way they are presented it is almost as if they are being told the first time around.

Caleb is a man who has responsibilities for his first priority - his son, and doing what must be done for his son - who is just a treasure throughout the story. There is a history with Caleb, that we learn pretty early on in the story which really gives a lot of clarity into why Caleb the way he is. I have to say that my heart went out to Caleb for there are times when he is so torn, with understandable reasons, and the choices he had to make were not easy. At times I saw that he had to make choices that many parents in this day and time have to make as well. To me it just made Caleb seem as if he is a timeless man with timeless problems.

Lilly is a woman who has such a tender heart as we saw a bit in “Big Sky Cowboy”. Her heart doesn't seem to know how to shut down when it comes to helping those in need, regardless who they are or what species they happen to be. There are some discoveries that Lilly makes along the way as well which lead to some lessons learned as well. Lilly is so tender hearted, and one very determined young lady as well for she doesn't willingly give up on things that mean something to her.

There is plenty of humor along in this story for I found myself laughing more times than I could count. Ms. Ford has this way about describing certain scenes in such a way that ones imagination just leaps forward taking over and laughter burst forth. For as often as I laughed I found myself crying, as Ms. Ford was able to pull the emotions from me with her descriptions of those scenes, as well. Then there is the bread crumbs that are being left with the series story-line, that is beginning to drive me batty. I was so sure I had it figured out in the first book "Big Sky Cowboy" but it doesn't seem as if anything is going to be cut and drive. I am really glad that I am able to read the trilogy all together, for I would go bonkers having to wait for a couple of months.

I hope all who read this book enjoy it as much as I did. 

 
Other ‘Montana Marriages’ Books

Big Sky Cowboy
Big Sky Daddy
Big Sky Homecoming
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment