Saturday, February 21, 2015

"Changing Her Heart" by Gail Sattler


 About the Book 
TABLE FOR TWO
   
When lovely Lacey Dachin signed onn at the clothing shop next door, it looked as if fun-loving Randy Reynolds had found a potential lunch partner.  meals could be lonely for a single guy, particularly one whose friends were getting hitched right and left.
     
A FORMER PARTY BOY, HE'D TURNED HIS LIFE AROUND
   
But could the past truly be behind him?  He knew Lacey feared the worst.  Yet with his life in stand-up shape, the only thing that neededd changing now was Lacey's mind.
    
Men of Praise: Faithful and strong, these men lead in worship and love




This book was released in February 2006
This book comes from my personal collection and was rescued from a yard sale

My Review

“Changing Her Heart” by Gail Sattler is a older book I realize, but I rescued this book one Saturday out with friends going to different yard sales. This book had never been cracked open sadly as when I got to about a third of the way through the book, the spine cracked nice and loud. I feel so bad for books that haven't been read even when there are years that it has been out. I also have to say that this is the first time I have read any books by Gail Sattler, and I have already got a few books on hold at the local library for I like the way this book was written.

The reason I went into my yard sale books is because I wanted something light to read and I didn't have any light library books at the moment. I have to say though that this was both a heavy book with it message but very light reading, and not often is that a combination that mixes very well, but this book does just that. The subject or maybe more of the conflict of the story is dealing with an addiction in various different levels and forms. I found the base story line to be told in such a way that really one can't keep but cheer on certain characters, and that is where the heavy part of the book comes in.

The light reading is in the romance, for though there are a few ups and downs without a doubt, it was pretty straight forward for girl meets boy and well they develop a relationship. I found the straight forward relationship building to be incredibly sweet and tender, to where I wanted to cry at moments for there wasn't anything really that wouldn't have happened in any real life new relationship. Both Lacey and Randy had their flaws and their strengths. Neither their flaws nor their strengths are over blown making them both seem realistic and like the neighbors next door.

Now to be honest this is the third book in a series but it is a perfect stand alone book as well, for as said this is the first book I have read by Gail Sattler. I didn't feel lost in the slightest, though my interest was piqued about what happened in the first two books, but didn't feel like I was missing anything while reading this book. I hope all who are lucky to get a hold of this book and read it, enjoy it as much as I have.


Other "Men of Praise" Books

Hearts in Harmony
His Uptown Girl
Changing Her Heart



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for your Comment